Topband: Wellbrook Loop

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Wellbrook Loop
From: <richard@rodsley.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2021 16:51:21 -0000
I have used a Wellbrook loop for the last couple of years with excellent
results. It is mounted on a rotator on a short 8ft pole just outside the
shack window. My other antennas are an invL currently at 60ft and an E/W
beverage about 300 ft long. The beverage is the quietest of all with the
Wellbrook only very slightly noisier. The tx antenna is almost unusable for
receiving as it is very noisy indeed. I use the loop for any DX contacts
that are not in a Westerly direction and I can easily hear VK and JA from
here in Europe using it. It is the best all round 160m receiving antenna
that I have ever used.

Richard

G3OQT