Re: Topband: Beverage polarization

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage polarization
From: David Raymond <daraymond@iowatelecom.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 10:19:35 -0600
Frank and Ward. . .an _excellent_ article!!    Thanks. . . Dave, W0FLS

On 11/12/2021 9:32 AM, donovanf@erols.com wrote:
Hi Ron,

Intuition easily leads us off into the weeds when trying to use
it to understand antennas and especially their interaction with
their environment. On the other hand, easy to use antenna
models such as EZNEC go a long way to helping us understand
in detail how antennas interact with their environment.

N0AX and I wrote an article -- written in layman's terms -- that
explains how a Beverage antenna close to the ground:
- causes it to receive primarily vertically polarized waves
- causes it to perform extremely poorly when installed over
highly conductive soil.

www.arrl.org/files/file/QST/This%20Month%20in%20QST/2021/11%20November%202021/Silver%20Donovan.pdf

Enjoy!

73