Insurance Claim Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Insurance Claim Help
From: ericr@access.digex.net (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 15:25:29 -0400 (EDT)
A big thunder/lightning storm came through the Washington, DC area last
Thursday and managed to take out my HF, VHF and UHF radios, all
(apparently) through power line surges. Fortunately, there was no smoke
or fire, and nothing else was damaged.

Sadly, I won't have any gear for Field Day or the IARU 'test.

I'm hoping to file an insurance claim with my homeowneer's insurance
carrier, and was wondering if anyone else has experience filing a claim
for radio gear.  Any adive on what to asy or not to say is appreciated.

Please email your comments and tips, and I'll summarize for those
interested.

Thanks,

Eric  WD3Q
Washington, DC