Insurance Claim Help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Insurance Claim Help
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 1996 16:42:37 -0400

>I'm hoping to file an insurance claim with my homeowneer's insurance
>carrier, and was wondering if anyone else has experience filing a claim
>for radio gear.  Any adive on what to asy or not to say is appreciated.

Eric --

     Hello again.  What you need is a copy of my article on system damage and
insurance.  I'm serious.

     Get a claim number from your agent and get a written estimate of repair
to submit in order to get paid.  Generally they'll take the estimates minus
your deductible and pay you the balance.  Be sure to include ALL costs of
repair including removal, installation and related damage and labor to get
these things done.  Didn't sound like you had any antenna damage.  Let me
know if you did.  The other scenario is for them to reimburse you if you go
ahead and get things fixed right away.  Talk to your claims adjuster and see
what they want you to do.  Their biggest priority is to pay you off and close
the file.  Anything you can do to make it easier for them they will
appreciate -- and process your claim faster.

    That's the nutshell version.  Sorry about your loss (that's insurance
talk).

73,  Steve   K7LXC