KLM KT34A CORROSION PROBLEM

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: KLM KT34A CORROSION PROBLEM
From: torfinn@stud.ntnu.no (Torfinn Utne)
Date: Sun, 07 Jul 1996 22:14:02 +0200
Hello, tnx fer reading.

Have bought a used KLM KT34A, 4el 3 band beam.
The problem is corrosion between the straps (aluminium-to-aluminium joints).
The antenne is 8 years old and most of the joints are so corroded, that
there is no contact in the straps.

I have cleaned all the joints and there are now good connections, but how
can I prevent corrosion in the future??? My QTH is at the coast of Norway,
with very salt conditions.

By the way, the previous owner of this antenna told me that he had used the
recomended zinc or copper paste, wich came along with the antenna, when is
was asembled for the first time.

73 and waiting for your comments .... de Magnus, LA4PHA....