Torque-Controlling Guys

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Torque-Controlling Guys
From: k7fr@ncw.net (Gary Nieborsky)
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 1996 13:12:10 -0700
Geoff,

My unprofessional opinion is that it is not a big deal.  Most things are
designed to flex.  5 degrees seems ok.....about what mine does (110' 45G
w/34XA at 117').  Even if you install face guys (vs standard point of
triangle guys) the flex will show up farther down the tower....unless of
course the attachment point is at the rotor plate level.....then the twist
will be applied to the guys and stop there.

73 Gary K7FR