Using Rohn 65?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Using Rohn 65?
From: scotty@iquest.com (Scotty Neustadter)
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 19:48:42 -0500
Is anyone out there using Rohn 65?  The reason for asking is that we have a
non-ham here in town who put up 190 ft. (Yes 190 ft) of this stuff on his
large lot on the highest hill for miles around and is trying to get the city
zoning board to believe that it is for ham use.  His petition also asks for
permission to use the tower for "other" purposes. [Surprise!]

This character's actions have resulted in the city deciding that it HAD to
enact an antenna ordinance.  We are still working that one and will probably
come out somewhere between 80 to 100 ft without variances.

As part of our bit before the Board of Adjustment I would like to be able to
say that only 0.?? % of  Hams are using Rohn 65 for a tower. Strengthening
our arguement that the true purpose is commercial. (For those of you who
have never seen Rohn 65, go check out the local AM radio station tower, 20
ft sections, guyed 60 ft intervals.)

If you live in the Southeast, don't forget the Huntsville Hamfest this weekend!

Thanks for reading
Scotty Neustadter, N4PYD                  Internet: scotty@iquest.com
Huntsville Hamfest Chairman               Home Fax 205 880 9530 (4 ring pickup)
Question Pool Committee, NCVEC
             "Hold the screwdriver by the fat yellow end"