T2X turning problem

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: T2X turning problem
From: dave@egh.com (David Clemons)
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 1996 10:36:40 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Bill,

        This sounds like the symptoms I had for a couple years before my rotor
lost all braking capability.  In retrospect, I think that one of the
slots for the brake wedge may have become deformed and did not allow
complete release of the wedge.  (This is strictly a guess.)  Eventually the
rotor began freewheeling in the wind, and I had to send it off for repair.
I was told that the brake wedge had broken off and lots more damage
happened during the freewheeling.  (My rotor carried a 402CD and 204CD).

        I hope this is not the road you are going down, but it might be a
good idea to pick up a spare rotor in case.

73, Dave Clemons K1VUT