Lifting a lot of weight?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Lifting a lot of weight?
From: paulnyl@teleport.com (Paul Nyland)
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 1996 21:29:10 -0700
Hi Bill,
I do a lot of tower work, and when moving heavy stuff around on the tower I
use a come-a-long, or as they are also called a
hand winch. The brand I prefer is Lug-All, about $130.00 for one of the
smaller ones. There are cheaper ones on the market, but they sometimes slip,
and can be very dangerous. I usually use an additional safety cable in case
something should fail.
Just remember, if you drop something heavy it could shear the guy wires and
bring the whole tower down. Safety first.

73,
Paul

Paul Nyland WB7SRW paulnyl@teleport.com