Loos Tension Guage Calibration

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Loos Tension Guage Calibration
From: k2wk@crystal.palace.net (Walt Kornienko)
Date: Sun, 22 Sep 1996 01:05:06 -0400 (EDT)
Hey all.

I just started tensioning guy wires using a Loos Tension
Guage. I'm using 1/4" EHS, 6500# breaking strength.
Rohn specifies that the tension be set to 10% of the
breaking strength, which in my case is 650#.
The problem is that the Loos Guage calibration scale
for 1/4" cable starts at over 700#.  Has anyone developed
an interpolated, or any other type of, calibration chart
for 1/4" cable which can be used below 700#?

Thanx for taking the time to read this.  73 de Walt - K2WK

*                73 de Walt Kornienko - K2WK (FRC)              *
*        k2wk@crystal.palace.net  or  K2WK@N2ERH.NJ.NOAM        *
*        Snail: 52 Sunset Inn Rd  Lafayette,  NJ   07848        *
*        201-579-1966 (home)      or 201-579-3660 (shack)       *