Preformed Guy Grips -question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Preformed Guy Grips -question
From: broz@csn.net (John Brosnahan)
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 1996 10:50:24 -0600
>>Steve, I asked you this question before I think. Should I use thimbles when
>>attaching preformed guy grips to the tower leg?
>>Vic

Vic and Steve,

Should have mentioned that the Preforms for 3/16 and 1/4 inch
guy wire really don't have a big enough loop to go around the
leg and the two vees properly.  When I last installed preforms
this way on Rohn 25, I used the preforms for 3/8 inch fiberglass
rod since I was using the fiberglass rod as insulators for my
4-square on 160.

Really ought to use guy assemblies for attachment to the tower
and thimbles on the preforms where they attach  to the guy
assemblies.  The only other easy option for small size guy wire
with preforms is to do the tower connection (through the vees of
course) with the guy wire itself and use wire rope clips at this
point or use Nicopress fittings for a permanent attachment.  And then
use the preforms for the rest of the insulators.

John

John Brosnahan  W0UN
24115 WCR 40
La Salle, CO 80645