MA40 Plan Part III (Long)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MA40 Plan Part III (Long)
From: John_Langdon@medianet.com (John_Langdon@medianet.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 96 09:21:29 CST

Joe you have sympathetic fellow travelers on your journey.

First a real fact: the "strongest" tubular I know of is the 70' "Sky Needle".

Second a suggestion: Seek out your ARRL volunteer counsel in the area. The one
here is Austin (George Clark) knows what is going on locally and was a big help.

Third some opinion/commisseration: I built in (becuase the XYL would die if we
didn't) a neighborhood with virtually complete antenna restrictions via CC&R's
and an "Architectural Control Committee" and have been using a G5RV about 12'
high hidden in the trees for 7 years.  I recently bought a piece of land outside
of town to build a remote station on, then developed the same kind of problem
you have with the city/county government.  With the ARRL's petition re
clarifying extending PRB-1 to cover CC&R's and the recent preemption of CC&R's
re small dishes, MDS, and TV antennas, I have applied to the ACC in my present
neighborhood for permission to do a tubular mast and a C4 on the theory that it
is not much larger than a TV antenna. I think it will be approved, and if it is
not, I am prepared to challenge it to get a test case.  But, now the XYL has
decided she doesn't like the school system where we are, the kids are in a
private school, and she is looking for a lot in another area. Oy! We'll see.

John N5CQ