Best HF vertical?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Best HF vertical?
From: Rasmussen@centuryinter.net (Rasmussen@centuryinter.net)
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 96 02:53:40 GMT
Hey Bob,
have a hf6v and have used it at three locations.  Ground mounting it
over a lot a radials has worked the best.  I have four radials cut
for each band and a ground rod to bleed  off the static charge when
the wind blows. It does require couple of sacks of concrete in a deep
hole to keep in being blown over.  I once had a trapped vertical that
was half a tall, but did not work as well..I do not have the 160
meter resonator, but it is available.   .
73,
Paul
KA6VAN AM & FM