Antennas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Antennas
From: steve@gamecash.com (Steve Weisbrod)
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 96 09:45:00 -0600
I put up an R7000 100' from my shack in a woods with big trees all around
less than 10' away. The R7000 is on an 8' mast off the ground not exactly
ideal. I've worked 76 countries on it since I put it up in May. I think
thats pretty good for the bottom of the cycle. It doesn't hear as good as
a beam on a tower but sometimes I get as good or better signal reports as
other local hams with beams sometimes not.  I'm running 500w. I hope this
helps.

73 Steve W8GAZ