Tuning verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Tuning verticals
From: tel1gah@is.ups.com (Guy Hamblen)
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 97 11:56:12 PST
Tom:

In the latest ARRL Antenna Compendium V, there are several articles for 80
meter verticals. In all humbleness, I wrote an article that would answer most
if not all your questions concerning the design, construction, installation and
a matching network for an aluminum tubing vertical for the SSB and CW portions
of the band.  That aluminum tubing antenna was in place for two winters and
worked great; I replaced it this summer with a dual band 80-160M trapped 87'
vertical using aluminum tubing in order to get on the Topband.

At any rate, a design and installation procedure exists for what you ask.
If you have particular questions, please feel free to email direct.

Regards,

Guy Hamblen, N7UN/2 (ex AA7QZ/2)