bracketing Rohn - Free info

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: bracketing Rohn - Free info
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 1997 11:22:33 -0500 (EST)

>I have all the info on bracketing Rohn tower EXCEPT they keep refering to
>drawings that show bracket placement.  My catalog does not have those
>drawings.
>The charts all have a LOWER and Upper bracket column. I'm assuming that
means
>need TWO brackets on any bracketed tower ? Can you use one and what are the
>load limits if you do so.
>I'm looking at Rohn 25 for maily vhf stuff but would go to Rohn 45 for
>another
>tower if possible.

         The bracketed information is probably in your Rohn catalog.  The
drawing number is A871302R1 for 25G and it's been around since 1988.

     If not, Rohn has published a handy little pamphlet that contains all of
the bracketed and free standing specs for 25G, 45G and 55G called
"Manufacturer's Technical Information for Bracketed or Self Supporting
Towers".  I refer to it all the time.  For a free copy of it, send an SASE to
TOWER TECH, Box 572, Woodinville, WA, 98072.

     As with any potential tower installation, the first thing you need to do
is find out the TIA-222 wind speed rating for your county and use that to
make all your hardware decisions.  I have a copy of the TIA tower spec and
can look it up for you.

73,  Steve  K7LXC