HL: Concord - A Turn For The Worse

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: HL: Concord - A Turn For The Worse
From: kmctagga@ix.netcom.com (KENNETH S. MCTAGGART)
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 1997 12:29:25 -0700
JOE SPINOSA...
        Please get an attorney to help before you go under and take the next
few hams with you. You need to have objective and skilled help. You need to
make a record that could be used in a court action and let the City know
that at an early stage.
        Packing the room with hams has some limited benefits, but one or two
well-spoken supporters is usually enough. Tie in the public service
activities of ham radio in the county/city.
        Insist on compliance with PRB-1 which prohibits denial of an
effective antenna. Get the PRB-1 document and a letter into the record now.

Ken McTaggart VC
(and, no, I can't volunteer to be there tonight).
 12:04 AM 2/5/97 UT, you wrote:
>I just love these notices I get from the city only hours away from important
>events!
>
>Today's mail had a real gem.  It's a report to the planning commission
>prepared by staff, for the public hearing concerning my tower permit
>application TOMORROW NIGHT.
>
>The staff recommends the project be "denied without prejudice".
>
>I thought the study session went very well.  I thought the city attorney made
>it clear that denial was really not an option.  Oh well.
>
>They cite incompatibility with the existing neighborhood as their sole reason.
> They suggest that the applicant pursue less obtrusive antennas such as "flat
>panels, small dishes, and shorter monopoles without cross elements" (whatever
>that means).  The applicant could re-apply and go through this whole 6 month
>process all over again!  Cheers!
>
>I'm still going to go tomorrow night and give it my best shot, but with the
>staff recommendation against me, I don't hold out much hope.  Very little
>actually.
>
>I'll be smiling as usual.
>
>Anyone ever hear of a commission ruling the opposite way from staff
>recommendation?
>
>Best Regards,
>Joe Spinosa
>KF6CWX
>Concord, CA
>Use "(un)subscribe ham-law" on a new line in the text.

Ken McTaggart, N6KM
n6km@amsat.org
or
kmctagga@ix.netcom.com

Use "(un)subscribe ham-law" on a new line in the text.