NEC & Tower Permits

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: NEC & Tower Permits
From: EJEDWARDS@oppd.gov (EJEDWARDS.OPPD.GOV)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 14:30:39 -0600
--Boundary-991060-0-0

>>"Where proximity to open electric light or power service conductors
of less than 250 volts between conductors cannot be avoided,
the installation shall be such as to provide a clearance of at least
2 feet (610mm)."<<

Maybe I'm wrong, but the way I read this is that his tower/antenna must be
installed at least two feet away from (clear of) the power lines.  I'd say
that's even way to close for comfort.  Clearance is not falling distance, it
is clearance or how far away the installation is.  And the clearance should be
much more for higher voltages.
If every city/county denied for such an interpretation, there would be no
towers in older neighborhoods at all.  Too many power lines to be clear of.
That, or only 6 ft towers would be allowed.  And with newer neighborhoods'
covenents....No towers at all!

--Boundary-991060-0-0