Belden 9913F & hardline..

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Belden 9913F & hardline..
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (w2xx@cloud9.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:20:54 -0500 (EST)
Hmm...OK, I can picture your hardline supported away from the
mast, with the mast rotating in the bearings.

Have you actually tried to engineer this?

My concern would be crossing the path of a boom (any boom) on
the rotating mast.  unless you don't mind the boom slamming
into your hardline a few times a weekend, it's a bad idea.

Short of setting stops a few degrees of either side of the hardline,
you're in trouble.  These would have to be mechanical stops, as
I don't think I would trust this to anything inside the rotor
i.e., limit switches or the like.

73, J.P. W2XX

J.P. Kleinhaus, W2XX  (fdba AA2DU)
E-mail:  w2xx@cloud9.net

As we say in the software business:  "You are hosed."