[TowerTalk] 2 towers/2beams phased

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 towers/2beams phased
From: wd4ngb@sprynet.com (wd4ngb@sprynet.com)
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 1997 03:58:51 -0800
On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Dennis Schaefer <w5rz@cswnet.com> wrote:
>I'm probably going to end up with two 60 foot towers, spaced about 100 ft,
>one with a 204BA and one with a KT-34A.  This should provide some casual
>multi-multi fun.  Although beams are generally stacked vertically, it
>occurred to me that these antennas might be fed in phase to get more gain
>on 20 meters.
>
>Would you get real gain from this, or just some "diversity" effects on
>receive?  Would the Dunestar device be appropriate, or does it need equal
>lengths of coax going to each antenna?  I assume that even if I didn't
>measure the coax cables before putting up the antennas, I could find the
>best directions (I assume there would be two good directions, 180 degrees
>apart) by turning the antennas and comparing "both" to "either".  Then I
>could add coax to one antenna's feedline in increments for other directions.
>
>Sounds like a cheap way to get a little punch on 20 meters when needed,
>even with short towers.  Will it work?
>
>Dennis,  W5RZ

This will work very well. JH1AJT,Zorro, who has 351 total confirmed on 10m
is using two towers of stacks on 10 meters. I was able to work him in the
"Summer of 94" on 10 meters.There was not another signal from Asia on,and
he was 5-2. He has the towers spaced so he has 4 directions that the towers
are in phase,side by side and one in front of the other. It will work....
Hope to meet some of you on 28480 as the SFI moves up. There should be some
decent openings on 10 meters this weekend with the Equinox and the CQ WPX.
Good DX......Bruce, WD4 No Gud Bum