[TowerTalk] How do u take down a tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] How do u take down a tower?
From: kmahler@visi.net (Kevin S. Mahler)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 20:30:50 -0400
Here's one I haven't seen discussed.

The other day my wife and I were getting a milkshake at our favorite spot
when I noticed 70' of Rohn 25 that was obviously not being used.  The tower
was mounted on a flat roof building and had rusty looking guys attached to
not so strong supports.

My question.  How do you dismatle a tower of questionable condition?  Is a
crane the only way?  Also if you have ever hired a crane for such work,
what is the going price for a crane.  Seems to me it would be outragious,
like $1500 for a few hours.  I may be low.

Just curious how those of you who scraf old towers from commercial sites do
it?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin S. Mahler  <kmahler@visi.net>