[TowerTalk] Outside cables on Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Outside cables on Towers
From: k4sb@avana.net (k4sb@avana.net)
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 97 20:14:55 PDT
I happened to mention to Steve that I prefer to run all coax, rotor wires, ect
up the inside of the tower. Reason is that some time ago, I read that their
presence on the outside of the tower can make shunt feeding a real disaster.

Can't remember when or where, but Steve thought this might make an interesting
thread for discussion. I have one 95' tower with the cables outside, and I
simply cannot shunt feed that sucker. I also have difficulty with any slopers
connected to it.

RSVP to all please.

Best

Ed