[TowerTalk] Aluminum welding rods

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aluminum welding rods
From: "k4sb@worldnet.att.net"@worldnet.att.net (Edward W. Sleight)
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 1997 12:35:37 -0700
Sorry I forgot who asked about this, but the rods i referred to are
sold by Weeks Distributors in SC under the name of DURA-FIX. Here
are a few specs: Tensil Strength, pounds per sq. inch=47,000
Compression Strength (pounds per sq. inch )=60,000-70,000
Shear Strength=34,000 pounds.Brinell Hardness=100

Toll free nr. is 1-800-547-9353

I've used this stuff quite a bit, it's easy, and I almost have to use
a drill press to drill into the weld. I honestly think you could use
this stuff and weld the elements for a 10 meter beam right to the boom.

73, Ed