[TowerTalk] Stacked TH-11 and 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stacked TH-11 and 40-2CD Spacing and Interactions?
From: k6ll@juno.com (David O Hachadorian)
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 1997 18:30:54 EDT
On Wed, 30 Apr 1997 17:41:34 -0400 majewski@erim.org (Ron Majewski)
writes:

>I remember hearing somewhere (the infamous "somewhere") that the
>40-2CD has a secondary resonance around 18 MHz.  Can anyone verify
>this?
>If this is true, am I setting myself up for an interaction problem
>when
>I use the TH-11 on the 17m band?

Hi Ron,

It was probably one of my postings where you heard that the
40-2cd is resonant at 18.1. I use it as my one and only
antenna on that band, and it works well, with an swr of
about 1.9. It is quite possible that it would interact with
other 18 Mhz antennas. In fact, after my last posting,
somebody, I don't remember who, wrote me that
he was having such a problem. The 40-2cd does not interact
with my 15m antenna, which is only six feet below it.

Dave Hachadorian, K6LL
k6ll@juno.com