[TowerTalk] Rohn 45 overlap?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 45 overlap?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 09:58:26 -0400 (EDT)
In a message dated 97-05-01 15:20:31 EDT, w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
writes:

> What is the useful height of a Rohn 45/55G section?  I am trying to
>  figure out how many sections I need to get 110' feet in height.

    A Rohn 45G section is 10' 5" long and the leg coupler is 9 inches. The
net length of a "10 foot" section is 9' 8".

     For a 110' tower, you'll need 11.38 sections.

     It sounds like you need the Rohn catalog.  TOWER TECH has them for five
bucks.  You can't do any Rohn planning without it.

73,  Steve  K7LXC

     TOWER TECH -- professional tower supplies for amateurs