[TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Freestanding Towers
From: kb2hun@wizvax.net (William R Liporace)
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 20:11:57 -0400 (EDT)
I am looking to install a freestanding tower.  I do know that I want to be
in the 70 - 80" range and I do not care about clibing one.  I had
intentions of Rohn 25, but the better half asked to go freestanding!!
I know the major manufactures and some of the specs.  I am looking for the
good/bad and what people suggest (no I will not get rid of the wife).
I would be interested in used, but quality first.
Is there one with a lot of failures?
The install will more than likely have a TH6DXX and a 40-2CD on it.  I
would be interested in having a second TH6 @ 50' (good/bad??) and a couple
of wires for the low bands (slopers or inverted L's).
TNX & I will post a summary if it warrants it.
TNX Will KB2HUN

William Liporace KB2HUN          kb2hun@wizvax.net
763 Huntingdon Drive             KB2HUN @ K2TR (yccc packet cluster)
Niskayuna, NY 12309              KB2HUN @ WA2PVV (NEDA)
518-346-3804 home                518-471-2837 work