[TowerTalk] Radials in concrete driveway?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Radials in concrete driveway?
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 15:00:41 -0500
alsopb@vance.net wrote:

> Is there any way of imbedding the radials in the concrete?  Would they
> be effective?  I know that putting them below the concrete would be a
> bad idea because the wire mesh they are going to use in the concrete
> will essentially shield them.

The radials are your antenna's connection to the ground.  I would put
them under the mesh and continue them on the other side.  Perhaps there
will be some capacitive coupling with the mesh which will improve the
system.  N5RP connected to the mesh in his swimming pool with good
success...

Chuck, KE5FI