[TowerTalk] Re: Computer RFI

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Computer RFI
From: westover@sneezy.sri.com (Doug Westover )
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 13:28:56 -0700
Thanks for the many replies, too numerous to mention individually, in
regard to cleaning up my DEC-VT220.

(1) I have diconnected the keyboard with no improvement.

(2) I have tried a brute force AC line filter, in addition to
    shortening the power cord, with, perhaps, a SLIGHT improvement.

At this point it seems fairly clear that the problem is radiation from
the cabinet and/or screen and the whole shielding thing seems like a
lot of work. Guess I'll look for an El Cheapo 386/286 (do they still exist?)
machine and see if I can't do better.

Again, many thanks.

Doug W6JD