[TowerTalk] RE: Scotch 88

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Scotch 88
From: rpmarkey@nbn.net (Rick Markey)
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 18:43:38 -0400
>What are the differences between Scotch 33+ and 88 electrical tape?
>Preferences for outside antenna use?

>73,

>Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
>      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
>      25000 Members in 2000!

The rigger who works on our tower (TV station) put me on to Scotch 88 years
ago.  I've seen it hold up where other types of waterproofing and weather
sealing gunk have long since given up.  Used it to repair the electrical
connections in the pump tank for my septic system.  It has lasted for years.
It replaced some Scotch black gunk that had to be shrunk with a torch, which
leaked moisture after a year.  Scotch 88 works well in cold weather where 33
tends to not want to stick.  I've been using Scotch 88 for years on antenna
connections.  It's not expensive and works very well.

de Rick, KN3C