[TowerTalk] US Tower TX489MDPL Coax Sidearm Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX489MDPL Coax Sidearm Question
From: dick@merlin.libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 1997 22:53:39 -0700
At 10:11 PM -0700 8/3/97, KJ6Y@aol.com wrote:
>US Tower recommends about 17'4" for the cables between sections. If you
>figure 21 ft sections with 4 ft of overlap, that's 17 ft per section. A
>little extra slack doesn't hurt.

OK, yet another =very= basic question:  is the coax supposed to hang loosly
through the sidearms so the entire weight of the coax is born at the
top-most attach point or is the coax supposed to be secured at each sidearm
to minimize the weight on any one point?

The sidearms give the appearance you are just supposed to run the coax
through their loops without any attachment, but I can't belive you are
supposed to carry the entire hanging weight of a 90-foot length of coax
from one attach point.

This is not covered in US Tower's instructions.  I guess it is supposed to
be so obvious that they needn't bother.  Well, folks, this is my first
crank-up and it ain't obvious to this kid!

Thanks for any clarification.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada