[TowerTalk] US Tower TX489MDPL Coax Sidearm Question

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower TX489MDPL Coax Sidearm Question
From: force12@interserv.com (force12@interserv.com)
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 08:42:01 -0700 (PDT)
The loops of coax always looked like a good idea, but I have gone away from
it. During windy conditions, the loops hung up too many times.

The present solution is to use one at the top, with a curved support for all
the coax. This can be a section of conduit or PVC. The main concern is to
be sure the weight of the coax/cable bundle is not going to compress the
coax. I also use a strain relief, so the coax and cable weight is not on the
curve, but held below the lower end of the curve. The coax/cable is taped
every 18" with 33+ tape (no stretch on the lat wrap). At my place, I do not
use any lower arms at all, because I use the coax/cable bundle to also haul
up the noise receiving antenna for an ANC-4 box. At other locations, I have
used all the arms with the coax/cable bundle sliding through the ring. The
rings are closed into a circle and then a combination of tape and loom
mate5rial (spiral wrap) is placed around the ring so the coax/cable will
slide easily and not hang up. If you do not want the coax/cable to pile on
the ground, a large salmon net can be attached to a tower side to catch all
of it. It doesn't tangle in either case.

Maybe this will add another option to the pot.

Have a good day and 73,
                        Tom, N6BT
                        Force 12 Antennas and Systems
                        (Home Page   http://www.QTH.com/force12 )