[TowerTalk] April pile-up

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] April pile-up
From: ki0dz@juno.com (Mary-Frances R. Bartels)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 1997 14:36:34 MST
----->Roger, this guy's good.  Better watch out!!<------

n Wed, 6 Aug 1997 09:20:36 -0400 jgoforth@esper.com (Jack Goforth)
writes:
>--=====================_871067431==_
---snip---
>(You know how women are, they think if you do not have oval sinks and
>an oblong potty they are . . .  Just deprived)

   Gee, my OM recently replaced one of our toilets with an oblong one.  I
would have much preferred a round one.  The oblong one takes up too much
precious space...
---snip---

>told me I would have to buy  new "water saving environmentally
>friendly"
>toilets. He said a federal law, passed in 1994, required ALL future
>toilets
>be the new "water saving" type that limits how much water is used for
>the
>"flush cycle." The plumber said the EPA had "Potty Police" to make
>sure
>no one adds or replaces any toilet, with other than an approved type.

   Yes, our new commode is one of those.  Now, not only does that one
clog up, but the old one downstairs is constantly in need of plunging.
My six-year-old son has become very proficient at the operation.

---snip---

>All went well with the modification but I had to install another vent
>pipe
>on the roof to the reverse side of the pump to get full pressure.

   Have you ever considered composting toilets?  You could still use the
vent as that is needed for composting toilets.  I think the EPA should be
happy because they don't use ANY water.  Oh yes, you could get solar to
power the fan that must run constantly.  About the vent pipe...  Perhaps
if you had a bathroom in the basement the pipe might be long enough to
load up on, say 40M??  (Someone please check me on my
off-the-top-of-my-head math.)  I figure that as long as no one is in the
bathroom at the time you could transmit without hurting anyone.  I would
imagine that the composting toilets are designed to prevent the buildup
of methane (vent pipe??) that could lead to an explosion of the type you
describe.  Since I really don't feel competent with plumbing and am more
comfortable with electricity, I might even prefer composting toilets to
the standard ones....
   Gosh, I just LOVE this group!
                                                       73,
                                                       Mary-Frances

Mary-Frances R. Bartels                         (((#)))     ^     ^
Amateur Radio Callsign: KI0DZ  DM79lt Denver, CO   |         ^ - ^
***Let ME scan your photos and documents!***    -------      (o o)
Ind. Rep. of Watkins products #92389            |ooOoo|    >{  |  }<
http://www.qsl.net/ki0dz                        -------           RRR)*