[TowerTalk] Pre-made jumper cables

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Pre-made jumper cables
From: w4an@contesting.com (Bill Fisher - W4AN)
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 1997 11:13:57 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Effinger SH (Sam) at MSXSOPC wrote:

> I am in the process of hooking up my Top-Ten Devices switch boxes with
> the  A/B switches and need to buy some pre-made coax jumper cables.
> I need them about 3 foot long and made of RG-8x or higher quality
> cable...
> I have looked at some imported ones but am worried about the cable
> quality and the coax connection...

You should be worried.  N4RJ ordered some phasing cables from a well
advertised outfit in south Florida.  Cut to order with connectors.  After
a couple of months of problems with that stack we took out those phasing
cables.  Poor connections on the ground side on every one.

Important lesson learned:  Never let someone else solder your cables.

I soldered every single one of my cables for my two top ten device
boxes.  Yes it took forever.  No I havnt had the first problem.

73

Bill, W4AN