[TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Antennas: 80/75 Meters

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [CQ-Contest] Sweepstakes Antennas: 80/75 Meters
From: crepeau@tech.iupui.edu (Raymond G. Crepeau)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 09:26:32 -0500
Jeffrey,

I don't recall the specific objectives you cited in your original post.
But when living in Asheville, NC a year ago I used a 1/2 wave 80 meter
dipole up about 20 feet.  The main lobe is up!  My objective was to
enable emergency communications within the state of North Carolina on
the Tarheel Emergency Net on 3.923.  The theory here is called "near
vertical incidence radiator (NVIR).  Located in the far west end of the
state I routinely worked the east coast (475 miles) very well.  You
might consider this alternative.  73

Ray Crepeau, K1HG (ex WB1HGO)