[TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-470D

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tri-Ex LM-470D
From: philk5pc@connect.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 1997 11:51:31 -0500
The house bracket will not help you, Bob. This tower is super stout when
mounted in the recommended concrete base. I doubt if any mechanical advantage
would be gained with a house bracket...the tower at the 22 foot point is
much stronger than your house.
I am on my second LM-470D. The first one got caught in a measured 110 mph
micro-burst. This tower will fail at its mid-point; not near the base or top.

You can increase the load handling capability by only cranking the tower up
to 50-55 feet. The strength of the tower increases exponentially as you
crank it
down from the 70 foot height.

I hope you get your project completed. This is a great tower. Just don't
exceed
its ratings...they are very accurate.

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC