[TowerTalk] noise

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] noise
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 16:25:52 -0400
Hi Mary Francis,

In all my life I have never, ever dealt with Whitney!  I've looked over
dozens of their catalogs and thought they had some interesting stuff...
but growing up and living in Brooklyn, NY as a kid... if there wasn't a
store to buy the same stuff from... one could always as Vito to
"borrow" it from some parked car! J.C Whitney consequently rarely did
much business in Brooklyn, I'd guess. Vito, on the other hand, is now
making license plates in a heavily shielded environment.

No doubt your experiences are more than valid.  Thanks for the input!

I just had another "great" idea.  But seriously folks.....One can
probably easily fashion an aluminum shield for your ignition coil and
distributor cap out of a heavy duty aluminum turkey roasting pan....
the kind a homemaker or significant other (notice I didn't say wife!)
would use in the kitchen.  Some creative folding and cutting and and
grounding and....Voilà! Ignition silence!

Hey!  It's worth a try! If it works.... you might move on to Origami or
Kellum Grips!

Roger, K2JAS