[TowerTalk] K4OJ-Re: mounting blocks

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] K4OJ-Re: mounting blocks
From: k0gug@juno.com (Jerry K. Liley)
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 14:35:07 -0500
On Tue, 26 Aug 1997 00:08:41 -0400 (EDT) K4OJ@aol.com writes:
>My question....have you used them on a narrower diameter than that water
pipe
>What I am wondering about is if they will clamp down onto a 1.5 inch OD
tube
>and won't collide with each other preventing the bite onto this small
adiameter.
I haven't tried them down that low....all mine are up in the air now so -
if you know, lemme know, please!
             TO:  K4OJ,
"These little jewels are great".    Yes,  if you are talking about the
cast aluminum
mounting blocks that have six holes (three each side)   and a center
pinning hole,
they are some of the few that will hold long booms without breaking or
slipping.
They will definitely clamp onto 1-1/2" tubing.    There will be about a
half inch left between blocks and the three long bolts on each side will
allow you to get them
really tight without cracking the blocks.     I use them to mount beams
on the face
of Rohn 55 tower which has 1-1/2" legs.

My opinion is that they are "OVER-KILL"  used as truss attachment points.
  Muffler clamps and an aluminum angle   (with hole)   on top for the
truss end is plenty strong. Then you will have all of those extra blocks
for use as boom to mast or boom to leg joints.

Climb safely.......Good DX.....    73,  Jerry Liley,  K0GUG,   Holts
Summit,  MO