[TowerTalk] new ssv tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] new ssv tower
From: k0gug@juno.com (Jerry K. Liley)
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 13:23:47 -0500
SNIPS.........
>the ground, I plan on using a 10' Rohn mast. The a3ws will go at the
>top of the mast, and the th-7 will go 4' up from the bottom.

>the whole shooting match up to the top of the tower and drop it right
>in,

>disconnect the crane's ball/hook from the top of the mast, without
>climbing
>the mast. Me, I definitely don't have the nads to climb the mast! :)
>
>How the heck do I get the antennas to the top with the crane, and
>disconnect the cable after????????????  Thanks,  Scott KA1CLX

Well Scott,   I see that at least a couple of guys have already given you
some good advice.     Those will work fine.      Am I missing something
here?    Your mast is only ten feet tall,    The lowest beam will be
mounted four feet up.....That leaves only six feet from the lower beam to
the top of the mast.    You could stand on the top of the tower and reach
the top of the mast to unhook the crane hook.    At the very least,  you
can stand on the boom of the lowest beam and reach the hook????
Obviously,  if your mast is 24'   tall,   this plan will not work.

Be safe.... 73, Jerry Liley,  K0GUG,  Holts Summit,  MO  65043