[TowerTalk] 10M stack

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 10M stack
From: k4isv@westky.com (Bud)
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 1997 20:43:50 -0500

----------
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
> Date: Sunday, September 21, 1997 8:26 PM
>

> Bud,
>
> What are you feeding these antennas with?  How much of a run is it to the
> antennas?
>
> I'm working on getting my H-frame ready for CQWW CW.  Maybe SSB, but I
doubt
> it.  Lots of work.  Plans are already laid for a full sized yagi for 40M.
> Not sure I want to put it on the current Rohn 45 because some of the
> sections are kind of old.  Was thinking about putting up a Rohn 55 right
> next to the one that is standing now and taking the current one down.
Then
> put a 3el at 110'.  Still down the road though.  I have to hire someone
> do it all since I can't.
>
> 73
>
> Bill
>
> Bill Fisher, W4AN (EX KM9P)
> http://www.contesting.com

Hello bill,

sounds like we are all pushing to get some last minute stuff done before
the
cqww-- also sounds like you are doing some real station building.

i wouldnt worry about the 45 holding up a 3 ele 40 unless you have some
damaged sections.  my 40m tower is rohn 45 es has a full sized homebrew at
the top and a klm 4 ele at 70 ft--- my tower is about 20 yrs old.

on the 10m im feeding from the shack to a w0mly type switch box with
7/8 heliax.  from the switch ( mid height on tower ) i feeding with rg213;
the new stack will use a wx0b toroid to feed all three antennas ( no
switching)
runs from the toroid to each antenna will be an odd multiple of 1/4 wave
but
the coax has not been selected yet.  probably something with less loss than
rg213 but not with the water problem of 9913.

73 cul