[TowerTalk] Chrome moly/SSV update

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chrome moly/SSV update
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 1997 15:43:02 -0400
Hi All,

With great excitement, today I picked up the new mast-I ordered it as 4130
Chrome Moly, random length, 1/4" wall, came in 24' long, all 95 pounds of it!

Going to the welding shop today to get the top capped, and also to have a
bracket with a ring welded together so that it can be lifted with the crane.

Latest update on the SSV project is the short base will be in on Thursday
at the latest, so if I can get an inspection on the hole by Friday, it
looks like we'll be pouring the 20 yards this weekend! By next week I
should have a large piece of steel in the air, and maybe i'll even have it
done by the time CQ WW and Sweepstakes contests come around, so that I can
get some points for YCCC.

Several people had asked me both on the towertalk reflector and on the YCCC
packetcluster where to find this stuff locally, the best source I found
around here in Massachusetts for the Chrome Moly was Standard Tube Sales in
Marlboro, MA. $12.54/foot, mine was $300.87 total. Took about 1 week for
delivery.

Anyone that can volunteer locally to help the day the tower and antennas
get hoisted would be greatly appreciated.

73,
Scott
KA1CLX