[TowerTalk] Chrome moly/end caps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chrome moly/end caps
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 1997 20:29:09 -0500
Do not weld on 4130 in the high temper states ie yield strength over
100,000 PSI. The weld arc will locally destroy the high yeild strength
you paid for and provide a discontinuity that provides a site for cracks
to start.

If it is on the end where there is little or no stress, then welding is
not much of a problem.

de n0yvy steve