[TowerTalk] Beam Orientation to Wind

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Beam Orientation to Wind
From: W9UI@SprintMail.com (Bob & Traudel Eslaire)
Date: Sat, 11 Oct 1997 11:56:47 -0700
Hi Dick.

Dick Weber, K5IU, has written a series of articles on this subject.  The
articles (that I know of) are;

-Determination of Yagi Wind Loads Using the "Cross-Flow Principle",
Communications Quarterly (Spring 1993)

The above article is math intensive.  Dick condensed this information
into;

-Yagi Wind Loads, The DX Magazine (May/June 1995)

Dick expanded on the subject in the following two articles;

-Aerodynamic Balancing:  Part 1, Communications Quarterly (Summer 1994)
-Aerodynamic Balancing:  Part 2, Communications Quarterly (Winter 1995)

These two were condensed into:

-Yagi Wind Loading, The Dx Magazine (July/August 1995)

They are all good reading.

Hope this helps.

Bob, W9UI.