[TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section
From: w5rz@cswnet.com (Dennis Schaefer)
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 1997 17:20:13 -0500
Steve suggested that I ask the group about this.  I am re-installing a 50
foot 25G tower (replacing some 20G sections).  The top section will be
"straight" instead of "pointy".  I was wondering if the openings at the top
should be "capped" to keep rain out.

Steve said moisture accumulation shouldn't be much of a problem if I put
gravel under the base.  The base went in over 10 years ago, and I THINK I
did that properly.  He said condensation was more of a problem than rain.
That makes sense, so maybe the tops should be open instead of sealed?

What do you think - seal or not seal, and if so, how?   (I was thinking
about using rubber stoppers from the hardware store).

73,
Dennis