[TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] caps for Rohn 25 top section
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Thu, 16 Oct 1997 04:37:54 -0500
It should drain OK  -IF- you have a good drain at the bottom.

I being a conservative character would also plug the top and cover with
tape. A: it can't hurt. B: it is one less place to drop antenna nuts and
parts into. C: a nice rounded top on a tower leg is easier on my body
than the sharp edges of a tower section.

If you live where there is real winter with snow and ice, I would
definitely seal them. Leaves or other debris can get into the tube and
plug it part way down and then cause water to accumulate and cause
freeze bursts.

It is rather scary to be climbing a tower and see a burst section at
the  100 foot level!

I like the rubber stopper idea.

de n0yvy steve