[TowerTalk] re-caps for Rohn 25

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] re-caps for Rohn 25
From: w5rz@cswnet.com (Dennis Schaefer)
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 1997 17:08:00 -0500
As usual, lots of good ideas were received.  Boiling them down resulted in
the following:

1.  I would probably be OK sealing the top of the tower, especially if I
put the gravel in properly in the base.

2.  There are some advantages to having an air flow path at the top,
letting the tower "breathe".

3.  Expandable freeze plugs from an auto shop was a good suggestion for
plugs.  Tape should be used also.

4.  I will probably plug the tops and leave the bolt holes open for air
(they are on the side) but maybe wrap some screen wire around them and
secure with tie wraps to keep insects out.  This seems a good compromise.

Thanks for the good ideas!
73,
Dennis