[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft X7
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 05:05:24 +0000
I am curious to learn of anyone who has puchased the new cushcraft X7 and
how well it works. I have looked at it on the Cushcraft website, and they
proclaim a 13.5 dB!
 Now realizing that I am relatively new to amateur radio, and realatively
young, I have a question!

HOW IN THE HECK DO YOU GET 13.5 dB GAIN OUT OF 3 ELEMENTS?

At least this is what I understand the thing to have 3 elements on each of
the 3 bands that it covers.
Are the measurements related to a rubber duck which I have read to have
-5dBi? I think this would be about right.
 Lets see if it had 6dB REAL gain + 5dB for the rubber duck + 2.15 for a
dipole (over isotropic) that would equal 13.15 that is close.
 Does someone else have the correct method which they measured this?

 Actually I am really looking to see what it is thought of as an antenna.
  I just threw in the Gain thing as a question, as I defy anyone to get 13
dB out of 3 element on 18 feet of boom!

Inquisitively yours on the left coast,
Mike...NO6X

Check out my home page at http://home.inreach.com/no6x