[TowerTalk] Cushcraft X7

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cushcraft X7
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 11:21:52
Is it time to talk about a voluntary code of conduct for antenna makers,
when they quote gain figures?

It seems to me that manufacturers should at least include all of these
"footnotes" along with any gain claim:

What is the basis of comparison (isotropic source or dipole in free space)?
Was the antenna performance measured or modeled?
If modeled, was it over real, average ground?
At what height?

I'm sure there are lots of additional refinements, particularly regarding
measured performance, but even this would be a great improvement.  13 dB,
indeed!

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

"That's WEST Virginia.  Thanks and 73"