[TowerTalk] Oops! Wrong City!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Oops! Wrong City!
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 00:14:40 -0500
Hi Bill (N5CMI) and Y'all,

Thanks for the correction notice on my dumb dyslexic typing.  Boy!
Getting back into doing e-mail after 43 days on the road is a bear
getting those fingers to do their stuff!

Glad you enjoyed my "scalled-down" post.  Much more to come.... but
elsewhere.

Next trip I definitely will need to take a laptop, GPS, CD Rom drive,
APRS and whatever it takes to keep all those toys going strong.  Missed
them like you can't imagine. Perhaps we can even do some cross-country
county stuff on HF from the mobile.

Fortunately.... there's always a next time.... especially since this
trip's been so outstandingly successful and enjoyable.  Traveling
around the country visiting TowerTalkians is a fabulously enjoyable
undertaking. Just wait till everyone finds out that the guys and gals
on TowerTalk are "real nice people"  [human, in fact]...and people who
have found this neat way of communicating off the air that's QRM free!

Let me strongly second the opinion expressed a few months ago that we
append our city and state to our closing signatures so that people will
automatically get to see where we're located.  Sure we can always do
"call look-ups" but this is so much easier to do once you've figured
out how to add a "signature" with this information already in your
postings.  It's a snap!

The end result is that you may just find you had a next door neighbor
who was on the reflector... (like Jack and LB) or easily locate someone
you'd like to meet if you just happened to be driving by his / her QTH
on some trip ...and you'd love to stop in and say hello to someone
you've literally been reading the mail from for a long time. (Sure...
call and e-mail first... before you drop in!!!!)

Thanks again for the corrections and for enjoying the post.

73,

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
At 01:52 PM 10/30/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Psst... Roger,
>You have L.B.'s call wrong, it's W4RNL. Just thought I would warn you.
BTW
>the road trip sounded great.
>
>73
>Bill N5CMI

Roger, K2JAS
Morganville, NJ
Just about half-way between NYC and Philly!