[TowerTalk] Yagi gain

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yagi gain
From: gj0nyg@geocities.com (Joe Bette-Bennett (GJ0NYG))
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 17:43:24 +0000
At 07:03 07/11/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I regret that many of the notes, either to me or to the list, relative to
>the Cushcraft published gain number, have taken an unfortunate turn.  They
All I know is that Cushcaft quote 14.0 dBd foward gain for their 617-6b
Boomer,
and K6STI's YO models it as 10.5 dBd free space gain. They were however
willing,
to send me the instruction manual, so that I could model the antenna BEFORE
buying. I think though it would be nice if we could agree to a standard
(NEC?, free space?) gain, and force ALL manufacturers to quote that. Then
we could be
more sure of comparing like with like. The Antron 99 1/2 wave vertical is
quoted
as having a gain (in the instruction book) of 9.9 dBi. Yes, and my 50cc
motorbike
does 200MPH?
        Just goes to show, through away all the published figures, by a copy of
NEC or equivalent, and model them all yourself.
        73 es GD DXing,
                        Joe GJ0NYG