[Antennas] Re: [YCCC] Re: [TowerTalk] old books

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Antennas] Re: [YCCC] Re: [TowerTalk] old books
From: ctrask@primenet.com (Chris Trask)
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 22:21:04 -0700 (MST)
On Thu, 11 Dec 1997, David A. Case wrote:

> There are lots of used book stores that would buy your books for various
> amounts of cash.  The used book market is surprisingly large, and
> widespread (your books might be resold in Scandanavia.)
>
> In college, at the end of the semester, I would go through the trash and
> pick up textbooks.  I would sell them for either credit or cash, and I
> financed most of my library like that.
>
> If one bookstore turns a book down, than try another.

        As of last Tuesday, I officially became a used book dealer,
specifically for used technical books.  Yes, there is a fairly good
market out there, but you have to know what does and does not sell.
Older texts from the 30's to the 60's are great for technical con-
tent, but some of the newer ($90+) texts are worthless.  I use the
net proceeds to purchase books for my library.

        If anyone has books that they simply feels aren't worth
keeping, I would certainly like to know about them.

     ,----------------------.       Circuit Design for the
    /    What's all this     \            RF Impaired
   / extinct stuff, anyhow?  /
   \  _______,--------------'        Chris Trask / N7ZWY
  _ |/                               Principal Engineer
 oo\                                 ATG Design Services
(__)\       _                          P.O. Box 25240
  \  \    .'  `.                  Tempe, Arizona 85285-5240
    \  '"        \                     Technical Editor,
     .       (  ) \                      QRP Quarterly
      '-| )__| :.  \                     QRP ARCI 9464
        | |  | | \  '.
       c__; c__;  '-..'>.__      Email:  ctrask@primenet.com
                               http://www.primenet.com/~ctrask

                    Graphics by Loek Frederiks